I started on my new schedule tonight. I taped some logs up on my wall for filling out dates and hours and what songs I worked on and all that good stuff. I decided on a minimum of 1 hour per weeknight and 2-3 per weekend day. By the time my mixing appointment rolls around, I'll have put in some serious hours, and hopefully this thing will be everything I've wanted it to be.

Tonight, however, was not. I spent maybe 30 minutes messing with a drum track and over two hours setting things up and troubleshooting audio interface driver problems. It's so frustrating to allot myself this nice creative time in the evening and end up spending it the same way I spend my time at work. But I started writing a new tune while I was waiting for my computer to restart the third time, so it wasn't a total loss.

Perhaps tomorrow will be more fruitful.